62°F
weather icon Partly Cloudy

Community

BCHS homecoming week filled with activities

Editor’s Note: This is a new weekly column submitted by Boulder City schools, written by principals, administrators, faculty or students. It will focus on events, programs or new classes at the various schools.

Runion excels at both sales and trails

Bret Runion has an uncanny knack of remembering a house he sold 30 years ago, who bought it, who sold it and in what year. And if you give him a few extra seconds, he could probably tell you the coloring of carpeting in each.

The Latest
Grass removal, water waste prevention offer incentives

Walking my dogs around the neighborhood, early in the morning to beat the heat, I’ve noticed residents being mindful of water usage, taking steps to conserve in multiple ways. Several homes within a six-block radius have removed or are in the process of replacing their grass with desertscape (xeriscape) or artificial grass. Early morning watering schedules are being adhered to – before 9 a.m., for optimal lawn health and water conservation.

Damaged or disturbed asbestos in home presents health hazards

When my friend learned there was asbestos in the roof of a house he was looking to buy in Boulder City, it reminded me that the scarlet letter ‘A’ of building materials is something to be wary of when you own a home.

BDCU president/CEO carries on predecessor’s legacy

For many years, the Boulder Dam Credit Union has had the affectionate nickname of the “Credit Reunion” as it has been one of those places you’re almost guaranteed to see a former classmate, colleague or neighbor.

Hardys honored at gala

The smiles on their faces said it all.

The eternal volunteer of Boulder City

Name any public event in Boulder City and there is one face you are almost guaranteed to see there, Barbara Agostini.

Hot cars and hotter ribs

Photos by Ron Eland and Linda Evans