55°F
weather icon Partly Cloudy

Community

Visitors ‘see’ beauty of city’s art

It was a day just like many others in downtown Boulder City. Walking the streets were visitors who were admiring the pieces of art that dot the streetscapes.

Relay for Life teams kick off cancer fundraiser

The organizers behind the American Cancer Society’s local Relay for Life fundraiser met Friday evening for a kickoff party.

Senior center

Hours of operation: 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday to Friday at 813 Arizona St., 702-293-3320.

Briefs

Art guild to present artist talk tonight

The Latest
Cat urine should not harm plants

Q: I have cats that use my raised beds instead of their litter box. I planned on using chicken wire to help keep them out in the spring. Is my soil ruined because of their urine and excrement? Does the ammonia from the urine alter the pH?

Senior center

Hours of operation: 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday to Friday at 813 Arizona St., 702-293-3320. Visit the center’s website at www.seniorcenterbouldercity.org.

Interact Club works to support troops

With nimble hands and puzzle-solving skills at the ready, about a dozen members of Boulder City High School’s Interact Club packed boxes filled with snacks, toiletries and other items for U.S. troops serving in Afghanistan.

Students help friend stand strong, raise funds

Family and friends of Giulian Grasso are holding a Stand With Giulian fundraiser Feb. 8 at Boulder City High School.

Community briefs

Sons of Norway potluck scheduled for Wednesday

Community briefs

Retired Public Employees scheduled to meet today

Senior center

Hours of operation: 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday to Friday at 813 Arizona St., 702-293-3320. Visit the center’s website at www.seniorcenterbouldercity.org.

Grace Christian Academy holds annual spelling bee

Grace Christian Academy in Boulder City recently held its annual spelling bee. Champions of the school spelling bee are eligible to complete in the Association of Christian Schools International’s Las Vegas District Spelling Bee in Henderson in January.

Nominations sought for Nevada’s outstanding senior volunteer

Every day, Nevada’s senior volunteers generously give their time and service to help others. Now here’s your chance to give back by nominating a deserving older adult in your community for his or her outstanding service through the Salute to Senior Service program.

1 159 160 161 162 163 168