79°F
weather icon Windy

Community

Toddler Swim Program Receives Donations

The Boulder City Sunrise Rotary recently donated $1,000 for the Toddlers Learn to Swim Program at the Boulder City Pool and Aquatics Center. From left, Bobbe Wilson, aquatic administration clerk; Harold Begley, president of the Boulder City Sunrise Rotary; and Sheri O’Berto, aquatics coordinator. PHOTO COURTESY/ROGER HALL

Community Briefs

Container gardening topic for Garden Club meeting

Road to recovery

Most people don’t go to the hospital, or to work, for fun. However, the staff at the Boulder City Hospital Department of Rehab Services goes to work every day to have a good time.

Science love brings Youngs home

He didn’t know what he wanted to do after high school. In fact, while attending Boulder City High School, Carl Youngs said, “I wasn’t a good student in high school. I barely made it through. I was just there … I was one of the kids who didn’t know what I wanted to do with my life for a long time.”

The Latest
Community Briefs

Container gardening is topic for Jan. 7 garden club meeting

Senior Center

Hours of operation: 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday to Friday at 813 Arizona St., 702-293-3320. Visit the center’s website at www.seniorcenterbouldercity.org.

Hospital auxiliary members aim to serve where needed

The Auxiliary at Boulder City Hospital is the epitome what an auxiliary should be. Its sole purpose is to provide help when it is needed.

Credit union honored

Eric Estes is a modest person and prefers to shun the accolades, but this honor was close to his heart.

Helicopter brings Santa to St. Jude’s celebration

Little faces were pressed against the windows overlooking the landing strip of the Boulder City Municipal Airport as Santa Claus stepped out of a helicopter and surprised the children of St. Jude’s Ranch for Children on Dec. 11.

Community Briefs

‘A Christmas Wish’ to be performed at theater tonight

Elfin Magic

Courtesy Photo

Culinary adventurer

Small town Boulder City girl Emily Hewett recently took her charming smile and spunky personality to the Big Apple, where she is embarking on her newest adventure, working as the culinary events associate for Chobani.

Senior Center

Hours of operation: 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday to Friday at 813 Arizona St., 702-293-3320. Visit the center’s website at www.seniorcenterbouldercity.org.

Christmas services

Bethany Baptist Church

1 144 145 146 147 148 168