Police Blotter

Nov. 29, 7:58 a.m.

A man called stating he believed there was a stolen all-terrain vehicle behind his property in the desert covered by bushes. After contacting a man that had recently reported his ATV stolen and inspecting the vehicle, officers determined that the ATV was a match and it was returned.

Nov. 29, 4:10 p.m.

A woman called to complain that she had given a landscaping company “all kinds of money,” but that no work had been done. She called the contractor and left messages but received no response.

Nov. 30, 1:29 p.m.

A caller reported that man in his mid-40s was loitering in front of a business watching the caller’s 12 year-old daughter. Upon the arrival of officers, the man had left the premises.

Nov. 30, 4:54 p.m.

Officers responded to reports of a young man and woman yelling at each other and the young man threatening to hit the young woman. After officers arrived the woman continued to be physically combative. Officers ended up detaining her and she was later picked up by child protective services.

Nov. 30, 8:05 p.m.

Officers were called because a drunk man was causing a disturbance and throwing a table at a downtown bar. By the time officers arrived, the man had left for another bar. They were, however, able to determine his identity without much trouble as the man had left his wallet and phone behind.

Nov. 30, 9:40 p.m.

A caller complained that his 13 year-old sister had been punching holes in walls and then left via a window. Officers and the family searched for the girl, who was found nearly three hours later hiding in a shed in the backyard.

Dec. 1, 1:57 a.m.

A caller complained about a neighbor who was causing a disturbance with his motorcycle and had physically threatened the caller.

Dec. 1, 5:13 a.m.

A man called 911 and yelled at dispatch, saying the police had one chance or he was going to call a judge.

Dec. 1. 10:03 a.m.

Police received complaints that a nurse’s assistant was “shacking up” with a resident in the facility, though the resident and the accused nurse adamantly denied the accusation.

Dec. 2, 8:22 a.m.

A caller reported about entering into a verbal agreement with a prospective landlord and had paid $750, but that the landlord had cancelled the agreement without returning the money. The landlord stated that she would return the funds as soon as they were released by her bank.

Dec. 2, 4:59 p.m.

A caller complained that his brother’s ex-wife was causing a disturbance and had broken one of his car’s windows. Upon their arrival, officers spoke with the couple, who, it turned out, were still married and the caller took the woman to Las Vegas to catch a Greyhound bus.

Dec. 2, 6:48 p.m.

A woman called to report that she had to swerve to avoid being hit by another car and had damaged her rim. She then followed the car until it took off into the desert.

Dec. 3, 11:01 p.m.

A woman requested an officer to stand by while she exchanged items with her deceased husband’s son, against whom she had a temporary protective order. Afterward she said that the officer had assisted her in winning the day’s spiritual battle against the demons that were her son-in-law and his family.

Add Event