Anew will hold holiday party Saturday
Members of the Boulder City Anew Women’s Network will gather for a Christmas holiday party at 2 p.m. Saturday at the Boulder City Library, 701 Adams Blvd. The group is for women whose husbands have died and offers resources, speakers and friendships. A free lunch will be served.
For further information, call Fran Jordan at 702-293-0620 or Marjorie Kitchell at 702-839-7773.
See Spot Run collecting pet food for needy
See Spot Run is helping Emergency Aid of Boulder City and is seeking donations of pet food for those in need. Dry or canned dog and cat food and bird food, as well as cat litter are among the items needed. All donations must be in their original packaging and be closed and not expired. A large container for donations will be placed at the nonprofit dog park at Veterans’ Memorial Park, 1650 Buchanan Blvd. They will be picked up daily.
Donations will be collected now through Dec. 24.
Additionally, donations can be brought to Professional Pet Room & Groom, 707 Canyon Road.
Movies, teen activities fill library’s schedule
Boulder City Library, 701 Adams Blvd., has several activities planned for the coming weeks. These include:
* Lego challenge, 3:30 p.m. today in the community room. The session is designed for those 6 and older.
* Teen advisory group 3-5 p.m. Friday. CD and DVD cleaning fundraiser; $1 per disc or $3 for five.
* Movie, 5:30 p.m. Friday in the community room. “Ant-Man” will be shown.
* Movie, 5:30 p.m. Monday in the community room. “Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back” will be shown.
* Children’s craft hour, 10 a.m. Tuesday in the board room.
* Holiday movie, 10 a.m. Wednesday in community. A marathon of classic Christmas cartoons will be shown.
Call 702-293-1281 for details, reservations or more information.
Lake Mead rangers to host campfire program
Lake Mead National Recreation Area has a variety of special events happening in the coming week. These include:
* Evening ranger program, 5 p.m. Saturday at the Boulder Beach Campground amphitheater. Join rangers for stories and songs around the campfire.
* Ranger chat: “Lake Mead Rocks: Geology 101,” 11:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. Sunday at the Alan Bible Visitor Center, 10 Lakeshore Road. Participants will learn how the landscape of the recreation area has changed.
Call 702-293-8990 for additional information or to make reservations.
Methodist church to change worship location
Boulder City United Methodist Fellowship will be moving its worship site from the Senior Center of Boulder City to the chapel at St. Jude’s Ranch for Children, 100 St. Jude’s St. beginning in mid-January. The church had hoped to be moved by Dec. 20, but that was delayed because of the holidays.
“We are so excited to be worshipping at the chapel at St. Jude’s. It is a beautiful, sacred space, and we are blessed that St. Jude’s has offered it to us,” said the Rev. Sandy Johnson.
The church has been meeting at the senior center for years as it raises funds to build on its property at Utah Street and Adams Boulevard.